W124 Bulb warning light

Had a headlight bulb go last week, replaced it but the warning light on the dashboard still comes on. All the lights work, I can't find anything that's
not lighting up, anyone seen that before?
It's not a big deal but it's a little irritating.
cheers, Toby.
It is one or two things... there is a bad bulb. The other reason is cheap bulb with wrong resistance will also trigger that message. Best stick with german bulbs.

WRONG WATTAGE BULB! I chased the same issue for a week with a fog light. I bought a 100 watt when it needed a 50 or something close to that. Regular lights I found are fine, just buy in sets and clean the contacts of the sockets before putting in new bulb. If thats not it, worst case is that the bulb out relay in the engine compartment is burnt out. New they are 200 dollars, at a junkyard they are about 5 bucks. I got 3 from the junkyard when mine went bad.

ok cheers, I'll look into those.
thanks, LHC.

The original message does not appear on my news server, perhaps not relevant but I would recommend to check the license plate lights too (side markers if you have those). A burnt license plate bulb is not that easy to notice and since other car makes often do not look after those bulbs, these are often ignored when fixing the issue.