W124 correct oil pressure

I have '95 E320 (148k) and I am curious as to the correct oil pressure I should see on the gauge.

Above 1000rpm pressure is pegging the needle above 3.

When warm and running, the oil pressure at idle is only "1", is this correct and normal or is something amiss ?

Thanks,

Ross

Reply to
John Doe

hi,

John Doe a écrit :

yes it's absolutly normal !

Reply to
w124.org

"1" BAR (14.7 psi) at idle is a bit low, IMHO, but hardly fatal. Suggest you consider a higher SAE weight oil at next change; it won't make much difference but may increase the psi a bit at no cost.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Yes, below max on idle.

DAS