W124 Gauges out (left cluster, Gas Oil Pressure, water)

My whole gauge cluster went out.Oil pressure, water and gas gauges don't work.At the same time a high pitch humming appears and only stops when you turn on turn signal. This must be a frequent occurrance or bad
design, since both my cars (86 300E, 88 300TE)have that problem. What causes it, how do you fix it and how do you remedy the ultimate cause. Thanks for any and all help.
Fuse... take it out and clean the contacts.
better yet change them all <fuse>. not a fun job but its cheap insurance. just did mine. wish my fingers were smaller!
the case, minus a few cans!
My C200 came with a special tool to remove fuses - in the "tool kit" You can also buy these knife fuse removers from auto or electronic stores - this will save your fingers and prevent any damage to the sockets. Joe