W124 receiver hitch?

I don't want to tow anything especially heavy but a receiver mounted bike rack would be nice. The problem so far is that conventional bicycling wisdom suggests that Class I hitches don't make
for a good ride for most racks and consequently most of them are made to fit a 2" receiver. I'm not finding anything to fill the bill for my '92 300D. Any suggestions?