W124 windshield defroster temp?

When I turn on my defroster it gives me one temp, HOT. The thermostat works fine on other settings. Is this normal?
JD

Not sure on that specific series, but on other MB series it works that way. Does the owner's manual say anything? It would seem reasonable for it to go to max heat. Normally whatever mode the system is set to, some bleed air goes to the windshield vents to keep it defogged, frost free, etc. So, if you activate DEFROST, I think the assumption is you have an immediate problem and need it done ASAP. So, it puts most of the air up there and defaults to HOT.
On all MB... front windshield defrost is full HOT... non-adjustable. If you do want to adjust the defrost, use the next button over... bi-level... two solid white arrows.
Tiger wrote:

I thought the bi-level only split between the floor and dash vents. I'll pay attention when I drive today. Thanks
Yes, it is split between the windshield and floor in winter season... you do want heat in the car... so it should not be an issue. You can also control the fan speed too. The car will never get hotter than the temperature you set.