W126 Air Condition questions..

Hello,
I have a 91 560SEL...
Regarding the A/C, I have a few heater related questions....
When you move the temperature dial to the highest red for the heat to
come on, does it blow heat out of the middle vents? Or does it just blow heat out of the side vents?
Also, does it blow heat from the REAR A/C vent?
I just want to know if this is normal or if I have a problem. When I turn my heater on, the middle vents close and I only get heat from the side vents, and its not even THAT strong like newer cars.. it doesnt blow very strong. Also, my rear A/C vent never gives heat, its always blowing cold air....
Any ideas?
Thanks
Center vents deliver cool air, not hot air. Side and floor vents are for heating & cooling.
Press DEF to test blower's high speed - it should be fairly vigorous and deliver a reasonable quantity of hot air. If not, the blower's motor or its resistance block ought to be checked.
These systems were designed to work discreetly, not to blow one out of the car. Remember, this is a limousine - the chauffeur keeps it warm whilst waiting for the master (you) - so the initial warm up or cool down is a different assumption from say a drive it yourself car!
Sorry, I don't know about rear seat vents as I'm not in the be driven class.
"" wrote: > Center vents deliver cool air, not hot air. Side and floor > vents are for > heating & cooling. > > Press DEF to test blower's high speed - it should be fairly > vigorous and > deliver a reasonable quantity of hot air. If not, the blower's > motor or > its resistance block ought to be checked. > > These systems were designed to work discreetly, not to blow > one out of > the car. Remember, this is a limousine - the chauffeur keeps > it warm > whilst waiting for the master (you) - so the initial warm up > or cool > down is a different assumption from say a drive it yourself > car! > > Sorry, I don't know about rear seat vents as I'm not in the be > driven class.
Where is the DEF button?
The vent at the end of the center console is A/C ONLY. Rear hear comes out from UNDER the front seats. Center vent in dash is A/C ONLY.

http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pg4960
Typo..... should say rear HEAT......

No one, including the manufacturer, has a complete understanding of Benz "climate control".