W126 Headliner question

Hi everyone,
I have a question which I don't think anyone has ever posed here before - on a W126 300SD, what is supposed to hold up the plastic piece that goes above the back window? (The piece that holds the rear
dome light.) There's a metal clip inside the dome light housing, but it doesn't seem to be very effective on mine. Is that it, or am I missing something else? Anyone experienced this before?
Thanks in advance... Pete O'Rourke 1983 300SD

I am a little puzzled on this also. I looks like the light housing is supposed to snap in. I think mine is broken as it won't snap in or stay up. I tried a sheet metal screw near light hitting side of metal edge but that has only lasted a few weeks. I plan to drill two small holes in metal and try sheet metal screws again. If anyone has better advice, please post.
-Kent
In decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

mine's the same. I think the heat warps the plastic...
--
Pete M - Ford Capri !!! - Mercedes 500 SEL,

Scouse Git extraordinaire. Liverpool, Great Britain

The piece is held up by two clips which slide into slots. The clips are glued to the piece holding the dome light, they have probably been ripped off, good luck glueing them back, and then sliding them in :-)
cp