W126 instrument cluster lights

I lost my instrument cluster lights today, including the one that lights up the ext. temp. According to the mbcoupes archives there are 4 bulbs involved, and I doubt all 4 would go out at once, so what else should I look
for? The fuse (number 1) looked good and everything else running off of it works.
While I'm asking a question, what's the proper orientation for the wires running from the red thing on the a/c evaporator to the aux. fan? Thanks, Richard
Nevermind. I never knew these cars had a way to adjust the instrument cluster lights but they do (for others who don't know, you rotate the knob that's for resetting the tripometer). Richard