w126 Kickdown Solenoid Replacement

Hi,

Well I did some more fault finding tonight on my W126 and it turns out I have 12v going to the kickdown solenoid when B or the kickdown switch is engaged, but no 1st gear.. So, my question is how easy is it to replace the solenoid? is it just a case of unbolting the big bolt above where the wire goes in and thats it? Will I lose fluid when doing this? Thanks, Ben.

Reply to
ben_weech

Ok, Well just to follow up.. its really easy to remove and replace.. the most time consuming part was jacking up the car and putting it on stands. And it was the solenoid. Tested it later and it measured open circuit. I took the oppertunity to replace the transmission fluid... and the 7.7 litres the manual states for a fluid change was a tad optimistic.. more like 5.25 in my case.

Reply to
ben_weech

Did you drain the torque convertor?

Marty