W126 - SEC power seat

Ugh, this is the third time in two weeks that the cable of my passenger power seat has jumped. First the tilt cable jumped, removed the seat tightened it. Then the height adjustment cable jumped, fixed that. Now
it's the tilt cable again.
Has anyone had the same problem?
--
CND

Had that problem when the 126 power seats 1st arrived.
Got a real speedometer repair shop near you? One that MAKES speedo cables to any length you want? We did. So we had him make us new cables [not the housing, just the cable that spins] 1/4" longer. That fixes the problem.

I cut back the outer cable sheathing shorter so the cable never jumped out again.

Why wouldn't they ALL do it. It's an old cable, they stretch. MB and BMW cars do this withalarming regularity. It's the case for manual (euro) seats IMO.
Things I look for in a car these days: manual heat, small bumpers, manual seats.
How lazy do you have to be to need 7 way electric seats?
Couch potato lazy?
DAS
Richard Sexton wrote:

I've never had electric seats, but I've always lusted after them a little. Not out of laziness per se, but because I switch seats with my GF a lot. She's a lot smaller than me and has to change almost every single seat and mirror adjustment. Of course, when we switch back, I have to do the same. And for some reason I never get all the settings correct the first time. After driving a while I end up readjusting one or more mirrors or even slide the seat forwards or backwards.
It seems power seats with memory buttons would be a big help in that situation, but I also fear the trouble a broken down power seat would cause. I don't fancy driving with my GF's settings :(
Ximinez

Any car with power seats is going to have a problem when it's 20 years old, nearlywithout exception. No car with manual seats seems to have a problem. One of my cars has power seats. I've fixed the bugger 3 or 4 times and it's busted again for stupid reasons.
Now, granted, MB power seats don't seem by looking ar user forums, the problems that BMW power seats have, but still, for wha I get out of pushing a button compared to how easy it is to adjust a seat it does not strike me as worth is and I echo my dad's advice: "it's just one more bloodt thing to go wrong".
Manual everything is the way to go from this observer that has had autopmatic eveyrthing in many cars for decades.
Lust after them all you want, thee's nothing so fine as wanting.
Richard Sexton wrote:

Sounds like good advice.
I've thought of putting in 'stops' on my manuals so that it wouldn't go forward any further than my GF wants it or backward any further than I want it. I may look into that some time.
Ximinez