W140 - 1997 S320 Antenna

Is the Power Antenna for Both the cell phone and the AM/FM or is the Power Antenna only for the cell and there is another antenna for the AM/FM Radio (like the bumper or windshield. Mine is not going down and I was considering putting it in the down position permanently as I do not have the cell phone. My S320 does not have the factory cell phone, but is does have a mic to the left of the driver's sun visor and the antenna. Any Input?

Reply to
HC in AZ

My antenna goes up and down when I have the car phone off, and I'm turning the radio on. I have the 99 S420. I would think they are the same , and it covers both. Others have told me that the antenna is in the rear trunk cover, which is not made out of metal. Not too sure.

Reply to
REInvestments

The telescoping antenna in the 140 S-class is only for the cell phone. The radio antenna is in the rear bumper.

Thomas J. Paladino New York City

04 S500 03 E320 99 SLK230 95 S320
Reply to
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

Sorry, not that simple. Depends on the year and installed options. For instance, my '96 W140 has no factory phone gear, but has the telescopic antenna. My telescopic antenna is for FM. AM is located elsewhere. Cell phone antenna for that year is in the rear bumper cover. KenP

Reply to
KenP

So does the W140 1997 S320 w/o the factory phone and w/the factory power antenna use the power antenna as the "future" cell phone antenna OR is it the FM one? I guess I could disconnect it and see what happens to the FM reception.

Reply to
HC in AZ