W140/ 500SEL 92 ABS and ASR warning lights problem

When i start my motor ewerything seems to be o.k. but say 10 seconds after i start driving the ABS and ASR warning lights go on and stays on and the ABS system stops working. Before those lights are turned on the ABS seems to work perfectly. Thank you Uros - Slovenia

Reply to
500SEL

On my W140 the SARS light went on with the occasional pot hole. The dealer said it had something to do with the seat belt system but could not repair or locate the problem. Now that Ive fixed my instrument cluster, Im curious weather Ill notice the problem any more. Hmmm....

The ASR is an infamous problem with the W140. I have it, It comes and goes. Usually in the winter. Ive heard horror stories about replacing the wiring harness, or trtaction contrrol computer. One guy said he just cleaned the contacts where it connects to the car, wherever that is. One guy even documented how he went through computer codes and found the culperite to be the MAF sensor under the hood. Here is his website :

Rumour has it that the W140 manuual is out there in the wild for us plebes to own. Surprising what you find on ebay nowadays...

But honestly I want to sell the car before anything else goes wrong. Biggest mistake buying this car. $$$$$$$$$....

Anybody wants it lemmeknow .....

Jim

Reply to
jimbobeleeeeeoooooooooooeo

Sounds like one of your wheel speed sensors is faulty. It's usually one of the front ones that cause the most problems. "jimbobeleeeeeoooooooooooeo" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
lee.hewing