W201 (190e) Brake Pad R&R

Hi All

this is the first time I'm doing the front brakes on my 190. A quick inspection revels the caliper assembly to be quite different from my 300e. The 190 appears to have a floating single piston caliper. Anyway, do I need to remove the 19 mm nuts top and/or bottom, or do I simply remove the 13 mm top and/or bottom nuts that have the rubber bellows over their shaft. I'm guessing that removing the 19mm nuts will remove the complete caliper assembly, while the 13 mm bolts will remove (and/or swing up/down) the moving part of the cliper and then give me access to r&r the brake pads.

any pointers much appreciated

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Hi Guenter just undo lower 13mm bolt and swing up caliper to remove and replace pads

Reply to
dratwal

Many thanks dratwal! Just finished doing them, took less than an hour. Wasn't exactly sure what to do since over at Benzshop there was all kinds of talk re the 19mm nuts ... I guess it was re replacing the rotors. Actually the w201 brakes were even easier than the 124 brakes...

cheers and thaks again

Reply to
Guenter Scholz