W203 CD Changer

I've bought a CD changer off ebay MC3111 to fit to my 2004 C180. I've looked behind the radio today and there are no cables :( Spoke to a local merc dealer who said that the model "might" not work with the car (audio 10)
was very vague about cables and said that it needed to be configured by computer
Any clues???
REMOVE.THIS.BIT in address to reply to me rather than group
Doug Nowell wrote:

Usually, MB cars marketed in the US will come with the changer cable installed... zip tied or secured to a nearby wiring harness. 2004 should be running with fiber optic so look for bright orange twin lead. I'm not sure what you mean when you say there are 'no cables' behind your radio. There has got to be something back there if your head unit is functioning. You sure there is no fiber connected to the back of the head unit already? For your model, is it a trunk or glove box changer?

It's a UK Model and although there are cables connected to the radio - the Fibre Optic still has a green blanking plug so I guess this means no cable. It's a glovebox changer
203 bodies do not come with fiber cables. You need to buy them. MB in the USA offers 2 different fiber cable 'kits' for the CD player to be installed. One is if you have the Bose sound amp, the other is if you do not.

As stated already, you Will need to get the correct wiring/fiberoptic loom. The system will work without being programmed although it should be configured at your MB dealer.