W210 Auxiliary fan belt failure

I had the belt on my Auxialiary fan fall off and chew up the condenser and stall the Motor on teh fan which also cooked This seems like an expoensive failure because of a fan bely
Anybody ever heard of this ? Also does anybody have teh MB part number for teh belt I need get a new one along with teh fan and condenser but can't find a PN Thanks BOb
What year is your car? I thought all W210 used electric fan... only one electric fan.
Its a 1998 e32O Its actually a dual fan unit where one has an electric motor and the second fan is driven from that one with a belt which is what failed BOb

4th picture down: http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.asp?TP=1&F !0065%5F45P&M2%2E941&GAr2%2E607&CT=F&catEP&SIDP&SGR5&SGN

Ahh... I heard of this... a couple of folks had this same problem.
Typical MB engineering. Complication for the sake of complication. You get the expense of an electric fan and attendant wiring & sensors AND the maintenance headaches of a rubber belt drive. Fabulous design.
Boborann wrote:

Yes it is that engineering that makes my 26 yr old 300SD such a fabulous car. Its ahead of its day even now compared with jap crap and such. I wasn't aware that changing a fan belt would cause "a maintenenance headache". Maybe for the mechanically inept... Rob wrote: