W210 license plate light

What is the proper procedure for removing a burned out license plate light? I have a 99 E55. thanks for your help.

Reply to
JB

I have just had one burn out in my E240. Do NOT remove the exterior trim (I did). The bulbs are not accessible from there. I took it to the dealer and they removed the inner trunk door padding to access the bulbs. I had them change both. MB only charged me for the bulbs. The labor was free as a courtesy.

Reply to
WÇY

Thanks for the tip. I will attempt the fix in the way you describe. Don't have any other reason to take is in so I'll give it a shot.

Reply to
JB