W210 rear window regulator install question

I opened the rear drivers side door to see why the lift would not operate and sure enough the wire lift mechanism is boogered up. I purchased a replacement mechanism where I will have to take the motor and mount it on the new device. However, I'm a little unclear about how the lift mechanism attachers to the window pane. can anyone tell me how it connects. Also, it looks like 3/16" rivets will do the job. Do I need any special rivets from MB to do the job ? thanks for you help "Excellent Group".

Reply to
JB

Just did this project a few weeks ago. The lift mechanism is held into a track at the bottom of the window by a "U" shaped clip. It slides out horizontally. Once you've drilled out the rivets and move the regulator assembly this will be quite obvious. Four 3/16 rivets are what you'll need, but you need steel not aluminum. They reveal the limitations of a standard rivet gun pretty quickly. I got the rivets along with the regulator from a local indie for $99. If you have reasonable mechanical skill you'll have to trouble with this job at all.

MC

Reply to
Mark Conklin

Thank Mark. I took your advice and made sure my rivet gun would do the job. After that, it was downhill. Thanks for you help?

Reply to
JB