WANTED--126 workshop manual on CD

I am trying to find a copy of the workshop manual on CD for my 81

300SD part# P-2700-126-099 I can only find the subscription service on startekinfo.com, and would prefer the CD set.

Thanks Bret

Reply to
Praxis

Have you tried ordering it from your MB dealer or 1-800-FOR-MERC? Suggested list is $19.99

Reply to
Karl

$20?! How about the W210 service manual?

Reply to
Tiger

The 210 is a little! more. Part number P-2700-210-05 Are you sitting down?

Suggested price: $149.95

107 and 114/115 and 116 and 123 and 126 each are a measly $19.99 each.
Reply to
Karl

$150... I can eat that... when I need it.

Darn! I got all those oldies already.

Reply to
Tiger

list is $19.99

They have been discontinued. The only choice they gave was to subscribe to startekinfo, and it looks like a one day pass is $18. I am wanting something I can study at my leisure. I am not looking for a freebie, but I am not able to

Bret

Reply to
Praxis

I am waiting for confirmation from Mercedes about being discontinued. Part number P2700-126-099 has been subbed to QL 6516 5611 02 and the quantity in the US shows zero from the literature dept.

list is $19.99

Reply to
Karl

How much is the 124 manual?

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

I guess since I questioned MB about the availability of the 126 disc, MB has pulled the Service Info about the discs and the prices. The 124 disc is part number P-2700-124-099. Yesterday, there was a lot in stock at the Chicago depot. But I cannot get a price til later.

Reply to
Karl

As per an email today from the MB literature dept: the 126 disc has been discontinued. I am totally baffled that the morons would do this!! Maybe MB will group the 107-114/115-123-126 in a future disc??

list is $19.99

Reply to
Karl

The 124 disc is $99.95

Reply to
Karl

I really can't see any help by subscribing to Startekinfo for 126 service info.

list is $19.99

Reply to
Karl

Hey Karl... I am wondering... does MB has any service manual that covers only diesel engine... more specifically the 606 engine... for 1995 to 1999 Diesels? I really need one.

Reply to
Tiger

discontinued. I am

Suggested list is $19.99

What are my options for a 'good' manual for my 81 300SD? The Chilton manual I have is almost worthless for most things.

I bought a switch from mercedes, and put it in, but have not tried to start it yet. I want to verify that I got the wires back in the plug correctly. I have the wires as follows...

50 Vio/wht (starter?) 30 Red (?) 15x Red/yel (Ac?) 30 Red (?) 15 Red/blk (?) P30 Grn/wht (?) 15R Red/grn (?)

I am also not sure where to hook up my amp meter to test the blower motor draw.

Thanks again Bret

Reply to
Praxis

_____ Bret,

Send an email to c_o_n_t_r_e_x AT s_h_a_w DOT c_a. I may be able to help.

Reply to
jch

I got the discs for my 123s from Bentley Publishing, but I remember that there was no direct route that I could find in from the front of the site. I had to practice extreme Google-Fu to find them, and now I cannot... You might call them though.

BTW, I have a (-n 18 year-old) neighbor who had a 126 'til he drained the coolant on the street and kept driving it. Oh wait, then he got a new head and ripped a hole in the oil pan then kept driving it. So yeah, he might be interested in letting his CDs go, if anyone else is looking.

-tom!

Reply to
Tom Plunket