Washing the softtop

Does anyone have any recomendations for washing your softtop? I recently bought a 84 380SL with a blue top which is in need of a decent cleanup. Was
wondering about using Oxyclean and a soft bristle brush to clean it, initally before waterproffing. Have read the article about all the Porsche cleaners, but I really just need to wash it at this point. Any suggestions?
TIA Jack Jack And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. -- Abraham Lincoln
29 09.56N 082 10.13W