Water in 280e

Just seen a nice 1985 280e for sale. The only problem I can find is a v damp front passenger carpet. I've read a few problems where the sunroof drains and various other causes are cited. How serious a problem is it
to fix? If I put a bit of time and money in is it fixable?
tia
Antony

If you do it yourself barely any money is needed, unless the metal is rusted through, in which case forget about the car.
If it's leaking to the front passenger floor look underneath the car body to see if there are any holes. The water could also be coming through the blower fan. How the water could get in there is under the windshield. Go to the front of the windshield and take off the weatherstrip that clings to the windshield, just pull it off, it's not glued or anything, water has to come through. You will see a water collector thing underneath going from one side of the car to the other. From the passenger side, check if there are any holes, if there are the water will get to the blower and then on to the floor. Also check to make sure that the sunroof drains are not plugged, pour in some water, it should stream out readily.
good luck
cp