Water Leak in Trunk of 1979 300SD

Hello,

When it rains I have water leaking into my trunk. The water sits in the well ont the passenger side. Everything looks dry around the trunk seals and window. Can anyone offer where I might look to find the cause?

Suggest you water test the seal around the fuel fill tube and the drain tube from that area. If nothing found there, the rear window's seal becomes the next suspect. Be careful when doing anything to the rear window - it may crack.

If the car has a sun roof you should also test its water drains - they eventually rust out. I don't know where they exit, possibly in the front and center pillars.

permission.

On Sep 27, 1:48 pm, "-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote:

In my car, the above mentioned fuel filler door area was one leak. The other was the taillight lens. The gasket was shot. Unfortunately, MB wants like $80 for the stupid foam gasket. I used some weatherstrip adhesive with the 25 year old original.

One technique is to get inside the trunk with a flashlight while someone uses a garden hose on the trunk area.

Yeah, and then the trunk lock (another weak point) decides to fail ;)

Ximinez

Rust... look at the corner of the wheelwell... rip out that side trunk panel and find the rust.