Water Leak in Trunk of 1979 300SD

Hello,

When it rains I have water leaking into my trunk. The water sits in the well ont the passenger side. Everything looks dry around the trunk seals and window. Can anyone offer where I might look to find the cause?

Reply to
classicone

Suggest you water test the seal around the fuel fill tube and the drain tube from that area. If nothing found there, the rear window's seal becomes the next suspect. Be careful when doing anything to the rear window - it may crack.

If the car has a sun roof you should also test its water drains - they eventually rust out. I don't know where they exit, possibly in the front and center pillars.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach

On Sep 27, 1:48 pm, "-->> T.G. Lambach

Reply to
trader4

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

Rust... look at the corner of the wheelwell... rip out that side trunk panel and find the rust.

Reply to
Tiger