water leak on 300e - water pump or head gasket?

Well, I'm getting closer to finding our where water is leaking from on my 92 300e. Looking down through the inlet manifold by the oil level tube I can see
water pooling on a lip on the block. Any opinions on what's more likely - water punp O rings or head gasket?
Thanks, Chris
Do you smell any oil in the radiator fluid? If so, it's probably the head gasket.

LOL,Wow there is some expert advice, shouldn't he smell the oil too for radiator fluid?.

Chris, remove the undercover from the car, if the water leaks down on the driver side than it's the water pump. I don't see where headgasket would do this, unless there is something you haven't told us ?. Anyway, I've never seen the headgaskets on these cars leak water. Martin Autobahn Auto
Yep, it's coming from the driver's side alright, so looks like it's the water pump. I'll pick up the O rings & short hose tonight & R & R the water pump over the weekend.
Thanks to all for your insights
Chris

Pick up a water pump also.... you will probably need it. :-)

When my pump went it was also leaking in the same manner you described. I did have to replace the whole pump and it was not easy.
If it is an inline six cylinder:
I will recommend that you loosen and move the power steering pump out of the way. Also, I needed 2 1/4 inch socket swivele and a long and short extension for removing the bottom back bolt. I also had to bend a wrench up to reach around and remove the back top bolt. It looks like it is the easiest part to get to but it is really a pain (or at least it was for me)