Water leak under drivers seat

I have a 230E mercedes 123type from 1980 (with a sliding roof). When it rains, a lot of water stays under the drivers seat. How can I solve this problem?

Check the rear window to make sure the seal is in good shape. After these get old, they sometimes crack and let water in. Make sure it's not cracked all the way around the window.
Jeff

Marcel de Nes Koedam wrote:

I have a 1983 240D 123 type and I had a leak into the trunk. Replacing the rubber seal around the rear window seemed to take care of that...but there's a leak somewhere else and water (small amount) gets into the rear passenger floor. According to a mechanic this could be a result from the drain hole that is located in the external compartment where the gas tank door is opened, or it could be that underneath the car the drain plugs are clogged. In the 240D under the car on each side there are round holes for draining water. Apparently these can just be pulled out..and checked to see if they are clogged. He said that the sunroof does in fact allow water in but it is supposed to drain out...it could be a crimped drain tube somewhere from the sunroof along the sides and down the back...that is my understanding of how the flow from the sunroof goes..this could be wrong, but I am informed that the felt around the sunroof is not waterproof and wasn't designed to be. There's been excessive rain here this summer..so while the car is parked I keep it covered with a waterproof cargo cover and the car cover. It didn't seem to exist until the 'monsoons set in'. The amount of rain here this summer would disclose even the tiniest of leaks. Good luck and post back when you find where the leak was. Btw, mine also leaked around the trunk hinge...but nothing could be seen from outside. I think the rubber strip around the inside of where the trunk (boot) closes may need to be replaced. The rubber seal around the rear window took care of most of the problem but there's still water getting in from somewhere...eventhough it's a small amount and I'm still searching.
Helen
Helen,
Many thanks for your complete answer!, I will check it . I had a leakage in my trunk too. I have replaced the rubbers of my rearlights and the problem was solved.
Marcel
snipped-for-privacy@enews1.newsguy.com...

the
there's