Water leaks in '79 240D

Whenever it rains I get a significant puddle on the right side (passenger side in the US) rear floor. Since I was doing some other work, including replacing the front seat, I decided to give it the hose test while I had the seat and carpet out. I am getting water in a steady stream from two places. The first is coming out at the bottom of the roof pillar (between the front and back doors). Is that where the drain tube is for the sunroof gutter?

The second is from coming down into the foot well for the front seat. Windshield leak draining down behind the dash?

I'm hoping someone has run into this before and has some advice. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
runbiodiesel

Check under the battery tray too, it may have corroded due to the acid environment.

WS

Reply to
WS

Thanks for these two clues. I hadn't thought of the battery tray. Roland, do you have access to that part number or diagram in English? Also how hard is that to install? Does it require pulling the headliner?

Reply to
runbiodiesel