what brand of shocks is good for *87 420?

hello, my friend may have to change shocks on his car. I saw gabriel shocks on his car and I have to say they were a bit hard. What brand/model shock gives a nice (plush but firm) ride on these cars?
Thank you,
Oskar
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Bilstein.
Only Bilstein monotube! (Not Bilstein Touring)