What does AMG mean?

Page 2 of 2
On 2006-01-17 09:30:38 -0800, "greek_philosophizer"

Totally wrong! flash is a very useful technology and enables some of the most useful web based Apps out there.
On the other hand, it can also be used for adding overblown advertising clutter.
Indubitably.
That is what got me annoyed with flash - the annoying repeating banner ads.
I was willing to give up the legitimate content in order to eliminate the flash banners with one blessed swoop.
.
On 2006-01-24 07:46:24 -0800, "greek_philosophizer"

Yeah, you can give up reading too, because they print ads with words.

Words are fine.
Pleading pictures annoy.
Do you understand?
.

I like text ads. Anything that blinks, flashes or moves gets blocked though.
Permanently.
ads.doubleclick.net was the first to get a one way trip to 127.0.0.1 in the old hosts file.

Short history here:
http://tinyurl.com/8kmkd
John M. '94 E320 'plain vanilla'