What does this imply - C230????

Hi All
We bought a C230 manual gear this year - it is about 5 years old, and it has done 28k miles. It looked pristine at the garage, and drives great. After
about 5 month later, this week, I found a patch of rust coming up on the corner of the boot, where the number plates are attached. This is a shock to us, as we thought Mercedes are made very sturdy, and should last long time. What should we do to prevent for rust spreading?
cheers
Dan
call in the warranty, if it is still in force. otherwise, replace the panel - and have every other panel retro-treated.

has
time.