What else is new: My 190E 2.6 radiator neck cracked 2nd times!!!

Both times catastrophically with steam spewing out from under hoods, this time on a fairly new (about 5 yrs old) replacement radiator. Fortunately was
close to home to limped back. Is there any other ways to fix this s***ty low class/low quality/poorly engineered POS part other than replacing the whole radiator again? This is the plastic neck (!) on the radiator that the coolant hose connected to coming from the thermostat housing. Any help appreciated. TN 87 300E 89 190E 2.6 (Come on keep running you piece of s**t!)
Broken motor mount???

was
low
whole
Some radiator shops will replace just the plastic tank. The replacement should have an aluminum ring on the neck to reinforce it.
Scott D

was
low
whole
What brand radiator did you get? Behr radiators have a metal reinforced neck, and when run with MB Coolant, should last decades.
Be happy -- my car spun into oncoming traffic when my radiator broke. Not fun.
Mike

was
low
whole
Tuong Nguyen wrote:

What brand of replacement radiator did you use? I seem to remember some of the regulars here recommending the "Behr" one with the aluminum neck inserts.
Regards, WS
--
Change to leews to mail.

Thanks for all replies. This unit did not have the metal ring reinforcement insert. Anyway, I found a cheap fix (will see how long it lasts) using a 1" copper tubing (*) and epoxied it to the inside of both the protruding stub and the broken neck, let it sit overnight, then reconnected the hose. So far so good... (*)This tubing is sold at Home Depot for repairing leaky 1" copper tubing, slightly larger to slip over standard tubing, which happen to fit snugly inside the broken radiator neck. In fact, I had to enlarge the radiator neck slightly with emery cloth for everything to fit with a thin coat of epoxy.

was
low
whole