What I thought was the 'mission ...

... now appears to be the accelerator. Periodically, when I step down the vehicle does little, unless I push it almost all the way to the floor.

Is this car "DBW"/electronic accelerator? What should be tested/checked?

TIA,

Collin

Reply to
Cheesehead

What car???????

Reply to
Karl

sorry

'97 E320

Reply to
Cheesehead

If it was an older transmission with kickdown cable, I would say the cable needs to be replaced/tightened. In a tranny that uses vacuum kickdown, I would guess clogged lines or bad switch. In your car, well, someone is telling it to shift wrong. If it has a computer, it could either be the computer or the sensors it needs to know what is going on.

Reply to
Mauricio Tavares

Where should I begin looking?

Collin

Reply to
Cheesehead

Does the car exhibit any other unusual symptoms such as sporadic rough idle or pinging? Also, what happens if you manually donwshift the tranny?

Reply to
Josh

Nothing per the first question. I'll check the 2nd issues a little later. Thanks,

Collin

Reply to
Cheesehead

No problems related to the first question. I'll check against the 2nd question a little later & report back. Thanks,

Collin

Reply to
Cheesehead

It behaves the same in all gears whe the condition occurs.

Collin

Reply to
Cheesehead

Does it stumble? Or just not react? The reason I ask is that if it stumbles I wonder if this could be some type of EGR issue, but I would have expected at least a periodic rough idle if that was the case.

Reply to
Josh

It doesn't react until the pedal is most of the way down. It does make me think of a vacuum leak. But I know nothing about this 'mission design.

Collin

Reply to
Cheesehead

Suggest you think about the air mass sensor.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Tell me more.

Reply to