what to buy?

hi all just sold my 92 300E and in the market for somthing different considering three options,benz e320,audi A6 AND BMW 528I ALL IN THE 96 AND UP MODELS
between 96-98models will fit my budget i have tried them all but still cant decide please help as which model and which year to avoid. thanks again jp
Audi depreciate really fast... so does BMW... so if you buy either of the two cars, you must be willing to live with it or own it till caput...
1996+ E320... same as my folk's.. nice car... I hate the seat cushion though! Hardly any cushion at all. Otherwise, a fine car... I recommends not putting all season tire on it... make car feels floaty..

All cars depreciate fast. Especially complicated german cars. Ive lost around $10K/year on my W140 when I baught outright. So im speaking from experience. Youd think everyone wants one, but thats not true. The rich buy em new and the commoner wants it cheap. theres really no place for this car in a used car market. Not for the seller anyhow. Want some nice expensive cars cheap, cheap, cheap, come down to Toronto. They're littering the streets :
www.trader.ca
And thanks to Ivan, francis and more, your gonna see massive insurance hikes next year. Thats my prediction. So get your lube ready if you do decide to buy one.
Anyhow. From my experience, I would recommend 1 of 2 options. Lease an expensive car for 4 years. you enjoy it and when its done, your loss is calculated. OR buy domestic. You dont have far to fall when your rock bottom! :)
Fuck these cars, man. Invest in your kids and your family. Amen.
<< e320,audi A6 AND BMW 528I >><BR><BR>
1996/97 E320 is a good car with very good engine (DOHC). 1997 E420 with the Mercedes' all time best M119 twin-DOHC-V engine is a single year production car in the US, elsewhere its two year, I think.
BMW 525 is a fine car and at that time, I thought it was better than the 530. 525 felt more free sprited/well mated.
I have driven the Audi "AHH" 6 in Germany to Denmark most of the time at the electronically speed limited speed, its not bad, but its not as good as the 525.
Good luck, Regards, Jayanthan (Jay) Bala. P.S. In the future please use: [ snipped-for-privacy@hitpix.net]
Also, note that 1996/97 were the first year for the 210s and have teething problems!
Regards, Jayanthan (Jay) Bala. P.S. In the future please use: [ snipped-for-privacy@hitpix.net]
250 km/h? "Most of the time"? At midnight, or what?
Which motorways?
DAS

Have you ever considered the option that Jay1Bala is a troll? Powerslides with a Maybach, 250 kph for hours on german Autobahns... I have my doubts.
Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
True, maybe.
However, he didn't actually manage to do a slide, only tried it. I wonder if I might be tempted during a test drive... :-)
DAS
<< 250 km/h? "Most of the time"? At midnight, or what? >><BR><BR>
Yes. Late night.
<< Which motorways? >><BR><BR>
Whichever goes from Worms (thats in Germany) to Denmark. It think there is only one.

Used to drive a 1958 Dodge with a D500 engine from Wiesbaden to Frankfurt and back in the (very) early '60s. Usually ran 90 to 100 mph (top speed about 115-120 mph) and thought I was doin' a number until an E Jag and Farrari passed me like I was parked one day. They were really having fun with only a half-car length between them. There were very few cars on the Autobahns in those days...aaaahhh...and with a flick of the high beams those MBs initiated their "built in right of way" and usually got it.
Actually several ways lead to Rome, but we'll let that pass.
So you did it once, at night, and breaking a few speed limits on the way...
DAS
<< Actually several ways lead to Rome, but we'll let that pass.
So you did it once, at night, and breaking a few speed limits on the way...

Surprisingly, everyone was very obedient: Everyone slowed down very close to the posted speed which doesn't happen in US. Some part of the way was foggy and people turned on their fog lights--cars have two bright red lights at the back. While in US only one.
Also, in US some people just drive with them, but in Germany its not tolerated.
Regards, Jayanthan (Jay) Bala. P.S. In the future please use: [ snipped-for-privacy@hitpix.net]
Jay1Bala wrote:

CAN have two - MUST have one (since some time)

What? Driving with only the rear fog light(s) on?
Juergen

Hallo Juergen,
I guess he means like in England where it seems to have become the fashion for drivers to use front 'sidelights' with front fog lights almost permanently.
Bloody annoying when you're coming the other way!
Mfg Bill