what to buy?

hi all just sold my 92 300E and in the market for somthing different considering three options,benz e320,audi A6 AND BMW 528I ALL IN THE 96 AND UP MODELS between 96-98models will fit my budget i have tried them all but still cant decide please help as which model and which year to avoid. thanks again jp

Reply to
javid parsa

Audi depreciate really fast... so does BMW... so if you buy either of the two cars, you must be willing to live with it or own it till caput...

1996+ E320... same as my folk's.. nice car... I hate the seat cushion though! Hardly any cushion at all. Otherwise, a fine car... I recommends not putting all season tire on it... make car feels floaty..
Reply to
Tiger

1996/97 E320 is a good car with very good engine (DOHC). 1997 E420 with the Mercedes' all time best M119 twin-DOHC-V engine is a single year production car in the US, elsewhere its two year, I think.

BMW 525 is a fine car and at that time, I thought it was better than the 530.

525 felt more free sprited/well mated.

I have driven the Audi "AHH" 6 in Germany to Denmark most of the time at the electronically speed limited speed, its not bad, but its not as good as the

525.

Good luck, Regards, Jayanthan (Jay) Bala. P.S. In the future please use: [ snipped-for-privacy@hitpix.net]

Reply to
Jay1Bala

Also, note that 1996/97 were the first year for the 210s and have teething problems!

Regards, Jayanthan (Jay) Bala. P.S. In the future please use: [ snipped-for-privacy@hitpix.net]

Reply to
Jay1Bala
250 km/h? "Most of the time"? At midnight, or what?

Which motorways?

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

"Dori A Schmetterling" haute in die Tasten:

Have you ever considered the option that Jay1Bala is a troll? Powerslides with a Maybach, 250 kph for hours on german Autobahns... I have my doubts.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

Yes. Late night.

Whichever goes from Worms (thats in Germany) to Denmark. It think there is only one.

Reply to
Jay1Bala

True, maybe.

However, he didn't actually manage to do a slide, only tried it. I wonder if I might be tempted during a test drive... :-)

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

All cars depreciate fast. Especially complicated german cars. Ive lost around $10K/year on my W140 when I baught outright. So im speaking from experience. Youd think everyone wants one, but thats not true. The rich buy em new and the commoner wants it cheap. theres really no place for this car in a used car market. Not for the seller anyhow. Want some nice expensive cars cheap, cheap, cheap, come down to Toronto. They're littering the streets :

And thanks to Ivan, francis and more, your gonna see massive insurance hikes next year. Thats my prediction. So get your lube ready if you do decide to buy one.

Anyhow. From my experience, I would recommend 1 of 2 options. Lease an expensive car for 4 years. you enjoy it and when its done, your loss is calculated. OR buy domestic. You dont have far to fall when your rock bottom! :)

Fuck these cars, man. Invest in your kids and your family. Amen.

Reply to
jimbobeleeeeeoooooooooooeo

Used to drive a 1958 Dodge with a D500 engine from Wiesbaden to Frankfurt and back in the (very) early '60s. Usually ran 90 to 100 mph (top speed about 115-120 mph) and thought I was doin' a number until an E Jag and Farrari passed me like I was parked one day. They were really having fun with only a half-car length between them. There were very few cars on the Autobahns in those days...aaaahhh...and with a flick of the high beams those MBs initiated their "built in right of way" and usually got it.

Reply to
The earnest one

Actually several ways lead to Rome, but we'll let that pass.

So you did it once, at night, and breaking a few speed limits on the way...

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

CAN have two - MUST have one (since some time)

What? Driving with only the rear fog light(s) on?

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Hallo Juergen,

I guess he means like in England where it seems to have become the fashion for drivers to use front 'sidelights' with front fog lights almost permanently.

Bloody annoying when you're coming the other way!

Mfg Bill

Reply to
invalid

Nah...in those days there were hardly any vehicles on the road, even during the daylight hours. Made the trip once a month or so...always in daylight. In fact a trip (thru Checkpoint Charlie) into the (then) eastern sector revealed nothing there at that time but bombed out buildings, Vopos and a creepy Chinese translator who insisted on taking my film after I took pictures of those (equally creepy) Vopos. Only friendly people I met in that sector were the Russian soldiers. Just plain GIs out for a good time.

Reply to
The earnest one