What to check on this one ?

Thinking of buying this and wondered what the group could suggest I checked out in particular to avoid potentially costly bills that may be around the
corner ? In particular I was worried about the auto transmission and "towbar" and whether towing could or does overstrain the box ?
Thanks,
Nick
1994 MERCEDES-BENZ E CLASS E300 D 5dr Auto Diesel Estate 207,000 miles, Azurite Blue. The REAL W124, factory fitted with many expensive extras including (ice cold) aircon, leather upholstery, heated seats, alloy wheels, sunroof, 6-stacker CD, towbar, cruise control. Cream leather. New tyres.
Also, along the same lines of concern (towing) is the rear suspension, especially if it's self leveling.

OK - thanks for the pointer/reminder to check that
Nick
OOOh.... everything that my car doesn't have! Leather seat, seat memory, BLUE! with cream leather?!, heated seats?! (I am putting in a pair) and a towbar! I got cruise control but not working yet...
Augh! I am jealous!
Service record is a plus... Make sure car is cold when you try to start to check the glow plug system... if smooth start... it is all good. Check all fuel lines to see if leaking... it is pretty obvious by smelling the engine compartment.
Make sure the covers under the engine and tranny are all there... Basically you see nothing underneath except all black cover.
Make sure tranny shift good into all 4 gears... it starts off first. Accelerate hard and moderately to see if it downshift smoothly.
Mmm... maintenace record is really important to see if original owner really maintain the car.

Hi, Thanks for the reply - unfortunately it was sold almost immediately so I am back looking again...
Good info though
Cheers, Nick