What was the white stuff between the leather and the plastic on my CLK seats?

Hi all,
I have a 99 CLK, which when I first got it, had really squeaky seats. Not from springs, but apparently from where the seat leather bound into
the plastic lower parts of the seat.
I complained about this to my dealer, and they fixed it. I never gave much though to how they fixed it - I was very pleased it was even fixable.
Now I think I've gone and done a bad thing. I was cleaning and conditioning the leather on these seats the other day, and discovered some sort of white goop in the joints where the leather and plastic come together. Without thinking, I just cleaned it on out.
Now the seats squeak list a bastard.
Any idea what this white stuff might have been? Surely they didn't use lithium grease, did they?
Thanks in advance -
Jay Wheeler
Take the white goopy stuff out of the seats and they squeak like a bastard. So just how does a bastard squeak? And what makes a bastard squeak? Would you or did you or do you or will you actualy sit on a bastard like you do on your kar seats? And even more important, when you do sit on a bastard do you apply white goopy stuff to the you-bastard interface before sitting on the bastard? Or if not on the interface then where or do you apply the white goopy stuff and how soon before you sit or how long after you sit on the bastard do you apply the white goopy stuff? Please, enquiring minds want to know ...
mcbrue whitegooplessly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420
Gosh - thanks for the reply!
Back to the original post, anyone have any idea what the white stuff might have been?
mcbrue wrote:

Really old clear stuff.

Talcum powder most likely
cheers, guenter
On 2006-07-26 13:20:55 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@assassincat.com said:

Why not ask the dealer, since they put it there?