Wheel Scratch

My 2003 MB E500 scuffed by scratching against a curb, how to repiar it.

Thanks,

Abid

Reply to
akhan

Abid, polish and repaint.

cheers, guenter

ps, with my wife driving, I've given up on said ;-)

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

What kind of polish/paint, can you give me specific brand/name. My wife is driving the E500 too, should I even bother!!!

Abid

Reply to
akhan

Unless it is really bad, I'd leave it alone. You might have to have the wheel rebalanced if you feel shaking.

Reply to
Tiger

With me driving I have given up on said....

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Dori, but can you better my wife's record:

1) ding on rear fender from having to heave groceries into trunk - 2l pop car was exactly 2 days old 2) ding on passenger door when the shopping cart 'wouldn't stop' 3) scrapes on both rims when she attempted to get out of the way of 'construction' 4) ding on driver door when the 'wind' swung it open out of her control 5) dings on all 4 fenders at bottom because she thinks it necessary to 'kick' off the snow that builds up in the wheel wells in winter 6) scrapes all around hinges of rear trunk because she has to 'scrap' the ice of trunk to open it for putting in grocieries... I did point out to her that this was not necessary - she thinks otherwise. 7) broken antenna when she walked around back when it failed to retract in winter because of salt build up 8) hole in the trunk floor when she ran over a trycicle that was parked behind her 9) dent in floor pan because she decided to drive out into the pumpkin field and didn't notice the 'big' rock

...... and of course none of this is her fault :-)

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Try doing a google search for mercedes wheel paint or mercedes wheel repair. I did that for my Porsche and found a webpage that went into detail exactly how to do it, including the paint and clear coat required.

Also, there are shops that will do a full wheel restoration, even for badly mangled ones. I think it was running around $125 or so. And I think Wheel Collision in PA was one of the shops.

Reply to
trader4

The paint you want is Wurth - use that only. It comes as the right color for Mercedes wheels, 3 thin coats of color and two thin coats of clear on a properly prepared wheel. That means you've degreased, stripped, sanded and polished the wheels.

If the damage is bad, get a good used whee. it's cheaper than fixing it unless it's rare in which case let a pro deal wit it. For a hack minor rash, just file it smooth if you can then sand with progressively fine sandpaper. Stop when you get to 600 wet and dry, polish, degrease again, then paint. The results can be long lasting and superb if you take your time.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Impressive!

DAS bb For direct contact replace nospam with schmetterling

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Thank you,

Reply to