when I step on the emerg.brake pedal, it goes to the floor but no brake, huh ?

84' 500Sl [Euro]
Any help ?
Thanks, Courtney

--
s/v Mutiny
Rhodes Bounty II
Emergency brake?? I take it you mean the parking brake? Well it's a steelwire from the pedal which splits into two before the rear axle, yours is probably either broken off or jumped out of a fitting, so it could be a real cheap fix or a little more (if broken) but not much. Look under the car (or have some mildly talented friend do it) its easy for any hobbymechanic! Good luck!

--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2 /

the left hand park brake cable always gets cooked slowly by the exhaust, cracking its insulative coating and allowing crap to enter it and jam it up, it may of snapped. If one is disconnected neither wheel will brake.