Whew!

Sixteen degrees F. 1981 300SD "Der Klunker." Notice ready to stick on windshield in No Parking spot "Diesel. Won't start. Too cold."
It started right up. Whew!
I don't know why people think diesel is a hard engine to start in wintertime. I never had a hard time starting in winter... I didn't even plug in my engine block heater.

I have had big trouble in the past getting started when the temperaure is below 20 F. Usually a weak battery. We don't have block heaters. We just pray that all the glow plugs work.
That is easy to test if your gluw plugs are good... you got easy access to all your plugs and measure the resistance..