Which Bilstein comfort /Which Boge?for 300e

1992 300e 2.6 Worldpac catalog list 2 kinds of Bil Comforts for 90+,2 kinds of Boges for 90+,1 kind of HD that fits all yrs 80-90s.

From Boge catalog(or Sachs ) the correct front shocks seems to be 36-111-B

Has anyboody used these???How does it compare with the OEM Bil comforts? thanks in advance

__________________ Tom 1992 300E 2.6

Reply to
fountainpen

I always buy Bilstein Comfort... why? Because it last forever... they stated at 100000 miles, their shock maintain 95% performance of a new one.

Boge wears out... it may be softer riding but it wears out... You are probably lucky to get 40,000 miles out of it before you have to replace it again.

Reply to
Tiger

I seconded that. I had four Boge shocks put on my 82 300D Turbo Diesel, the left rear one leaks in two years!

Reply to
LT

Have any of you replaced them yourselves on the front? Does it require a special spring compression tool?

Brian

Reply to
Briezy