Which is the Best MB Owners Club in the UK?

The subject pretty much covers it. What are your views, as I am looking to join one in the near future. Mike

Reply to
Just Mike

I used to be with the MB Owners Association (MBOA) but I found their magazine to be really poor although there is a very good bulletin board available on the internet. The mebers were helpful as well.

I then joined the MB Club (the original UK club, established in 1952) a couple of years ago and I personally like it better. It's a very active club and the magazine is excellent and has a long list of recommended places to get your car serviced, etc. Their website is not very good though, and the club shop has been coming "soon" for years it seems! The other members I have met are extremely friendly and helpful. They have a lot of nice events, such as balls and parties, often in association with MB/DCUK.

Membership of both clubs can get you 10% of spares costs from your MB dealer in the UK, although there seem to be better offers to MBC members from recommended service providers.

Website for the MB Club:

Website for MBOA

Whichever one you join, I hope you enjoy your club! Al Bolton, G4VSQ

500SE 1990 137000 miles. 260E 1988 160000 miles FOR SALE! ============================

Reply to
Al Bolton

Thanks for these pointers Al. I looked at both sites and to be honest before you said anything I felt that the MBOA looked the most professional and slick. But alas it would seem that websites can be deceptive :) Mike

Reply to
Just Mike