which model / year to go for ?

Page 2 of 2

ANY car 15 or more years older may be legally imported into Canada. This was changed a few years back, used to be there were some cars you could never import. But I guess some government wonk wanted one or something as the law just changed one year.
Nick wrote:

No, a 4matic is an all wheel drive model. Apparently they break down a lot.
Ximinez
Ditto on 4 wheel drive = 4matic
Manual tranny on E-class in USA is nonexistent for W210.
Yes. I would definitely steer clear (geddit?) of 4-Matics unless 4-wheel drive is essential, which it isn't if you live where the OP lives, though you wouldn't know it from the squadrons of Range Rovers, X5s, MLs etc.
DAS
"The Spanish Inquisition" < snipped-for-privacy@myown.mailcan.com> wrote in message
news:45064942$0$4525$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xsall.nl...

300Sd air cleaner bracket mounts break a lot but they're easy to fix. Avoid the older 4-matics. They're, um, "a disaster" not to put oo fine a point on it...

Thanks for that - currently looking for a late E300D Estate or early 320 D Estate - manual transmission seems very rare... Do you know if there is a website for the 3 litre "fans" - e.g like John Burns excellent one for BMWs ? Thanks,
Nick

The Mercedes moral equivalent of the esteemed Mr. Burns is one Dave Meimann who does not restrict his writings to one website. He's all over and answers email and know smore about these cars than anybody.

Excellent ! - I will Google for some of his stuff then - many thanks...
Nick
Nick wrote:

http://www.w124.co.uk
They have almost exactly what you need currently on sale, so might be worth a look.
http://www.w124.co.uk/actions/carsforsale.taf?page tail&id 0610
Read the rest of the site, it has a very good summary of what you need to look out for as well.
Regards, ws
--
change to leews to mail