Who has paid the most for a dealer repair?

I thought this would be a fun topic. Who has paid the biggest repair bill at the dealer. (Non warranty, not body and paint). I am taking mine in tomorrow and want to feel better reading your posts.

Who emptied their wallet the most at the dealer? What was the repair? KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Just bought a fuel filter from MB parts department costed $230. Then a friend told me same thing BOSCH for only $70+tax. Lucky the customer paid for it.

Keith Beast E14 4NS Docklands "Kevin in San Diego" ¦b¶l¥ó news:VDqjb.82486$gv5.38924@fed1read05 ¤¤¼¶¼g...

How about touch-up paint for over $30!! Now, I know to ask "how much?"

Reply to
Alfred
1998 S420- The right side of the center armest opens to access the cupholders. The little tang of the plastic cover broke off so the cover will not stay latched closed. Serviced only as a console assembly- $1,980 for the part.

Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc.

425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201
609-641-3392
Reply to
Bill Ditmire

technically speaking I paid 700 $ for a spark wire...

170$ diagnosis for blown head gasket 500$ replacing gasket 30$ for the spark wire...cause it wasn't the gasket

"Kevin in San Diego" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:VDqjb.82486$gv5.38924@fed1read05...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich

Hehe

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

I paid $600+ CDN to have my front brake pads changed and a relay replaced on my 93 E190 three years ago.

On the bright side though, they gave me a new demo Mercedes E320 to drive around for the day, "FREE" (Mercedes dealers never give out courteosy cars, you have to rent them)...

R Green

Reply to
R Green WoWsat.com

Most common expensive repair is an A/C condenser in a 126 body. About $3000 USD at an independent.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Sharp

I believe Lee should have said "...evaporator replacement in 140 body cars..."

Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc.

425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201
609-641-3392
Reply to
Bill Ditmire

My Dealer gives out free loaner MB's They give you a ford taurus if they run out of the ML320s to rent. KH

"R Green WoWsat.com @wowsat.com>" I paid $600+ CDN to have my front brake pads changed and a relay replaced on

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

When my C280 was under warranty, the dealer service centers all said that everything was okay. They couldn't find what was wrong even though the cylinders misfired, the engine warnings lights went on like a christmas tree and I couldn't move forward when I stepped on the gas pedal. Three months later when it went out of warranty, they all said I needed a new harness for US$3,500. I got rid of the car.

Ricky

Reply to
RickyE

That is just wrong. Where is the dealer that did that? They should get some bad PR here. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

ok...substract the 170 $

got it back from the dealer today...he was very sorry and hopes I will continue my services with him afterall

that's fair! I can even keep the vacuum hoses they replaced and making no difference :O)

Alex

"Alex Hemmerich" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bmm52v$19u$ snipped-for-privacy@nets3.rz.RWTH-Aachen.DE...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich

Doh! I did mean evaporator... I have not done a 140, so no answer there, but on a 126, you have to remove the entire interior! (Seats, dash, console...)

Lee

Reply to
Lee Sharp

Reply to
Swpubl

A couple of months ago I worked on a new CLK 270CDI which the customers girlfriend had filled with petrol and driven until it cut out. The whole fuel system had swarf in it and everything had to be replaced:

5 injectors High pressure fuel rail Diesel lift pump Diesel high pressure pump Fuel heat exchanger Fuel tank Fuel filter Interconnect pipes

That little lot and the labour came to about £5,500. Quite an expensive tank of petrol really...

Reply to
miknik

You must trace the responsibility back date to last serivice. Anyway you sold the car.

Keith Beast E14 4NS Docklands "Kevin in San Diego" ¦b¶l¥ó news:icKjb.86423$gv5.1969@fed1read05 ¤¤¼¶¼g...

13 years ago when I live in London, I had the same experience as your customer's girlfiend. Luckily, the BP station paid for the job £3,000.

Keith Beast E14 4NS Docklands "miknik" news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com

Why did they pay? Did a pump attendant fill your car?

The customer in this case claimed through his insurance on our advice, poor bloke must have nearly had a heart attack when he first got the phone call with the repair cost though ;-)

Reply to
miknik