Why Didn't Anyone Tell Me...

...about using the power steering nut to turn over the engine when doing the valve adjustment? More importantly, why didn't I ask? Sweet wounded Jesus, that sucked. Took off the engine fan and used a 27mm
socket on the harmonic balancer nut. Then came time to put the fan back on. Do you think the holes from the pulley line up with the water pump? Hell, no! So I had to loosen the alt belt then align the bolt holes, then put the fan back on. As i was cking the timing belt wear, without thinking, grabbed a 22mm wrench and started turning the engine over with the power steering pump. Good times.
So, if someone searches this group for valve adjustment, hopefully they will read this before doing what I did.
BTW, it was an '84 SD.
I told anyone who would listen.
--

2008 T.G.Lambach. Publication in any form requires prior written
permission.
On Jul 1, 8:49 pm, "-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote:

What makes it even worse is I usually look for your posts specifically when I search this news group. For some reason I dove right in without doing that. Maybe someone will learn form my bad example.
BTW, this is the best news group I've been on for helpfulness. I've spent my time over at the Harley groups and am very glad to come back here.