why won't brake booster function properly ?

I had the booster for my '83 240D reconditioned bt a company that's been in business doing just that for over 50 yrs..
Upon reinstalling it, it would not 'boost'. In fact after 3 attempts,
said company gave up and refunded my money.
I temporarily substituted a used one and still would like to reinstall the reconditioned one.
What's wrong and how do I fix it ?
Thank you, Courtney
--
s/v Mutiny
Rhodes Bounty II
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:49:23 -0500, Courtney Thomas wrote:

One of the most common problems with servo units (I am guessing that's what you are talking about) is loss of vacuum. If there is no problem with a swapped out unit, then it points to an internal problem. These units are complex and more importantly life-or-death bits of equipment. If a service centre with 50years experience cannot fix it, what hope do you really think you have of fixing this unit to a standard of safety that you and your passengers deserve? Let it go ;) Mike
--
W126 300SE
W115 220/8