WHYIZZITT?

Everyone knows that on the 190E, and 300E cars, that the timing chain and tensioner, should be replaced at 120,000 miles, but howizzitt that replacing the voltage regulator and brush carrier at 100,000 miles got
lost? The last mention I can find is in the 1988 300E manual "voltage regulator and brush carrier shouldd be considered a regular replacement item, when serviceing or renewing the alternator along with its cooling fan and any bearings" part cost approx. 45.oo and 2 phillips screws alternator replacement 450.oo plus labor
On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:40:35 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (r parris) wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Because of the current email spam attacks my email account is not included, reply via the newsgroups or ask for a valid email address.