Window Down and Out...

The front passenger window on my 83 240D is stuck in the open position... One minute it was working and the next, it refused to close... The left rear window is also unresponsive, but luckily, it's closed...

The door locks still work and the engine shuts down promptly... The right passenger window's regulator was replaced by Ditmire Motors when I bought the car in late Oct. of last year, so I doubt that's the problem...

Unless this is an easy fix which can be made with common hand tools, I'll have to find an indy in St. Louis, Mo. to handle it... Open to suggestions and/or the name of a capable mechanic in St. Louis...

Thanks...

zenit

Reply to
zenit

Good day...

I have a 300D Turbo and if I remember correctly the windows are fused such that the front on one side is paired with the rear on the opposite side. So from the brief description, I think that you need to check for a blown fuse. Also, for under $10, change out every fuse you have and throw a few in the glove box...

Bill

Reply to
Bill Pelka

You might also swap the relay 9 1 inch square boxes in the fuse box) for the left front window with the one for the right front window to see if that helps.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf