windscreen wipers

having a problem with windscreen wiper,works alright but stopshalf way across windscreen

trikeman52 wrote:

Sounds like the gearbox for the wiper. May need a new one.
trikeman52 wrote:

Search this newsgroup. There is a post for disassembling the wiper and greasing it. It will work wonders.

When this happened to me it turned out to be a bushing that was shot in the assembly on the drivers side (motor was fine). I suspect it may have been loosened when the W/W stuck to the windshield a few times during an ice storm. Once loose, the wear took it's toll.
I ordered a replacement from a junker at Potomac German Auto Parts near Baltimore, I lubricated it, installed it and It was still fine when I sold the car four years later.