Windshield Wiper 2000 E320

Are the wipers standard wipers that can be replaced with blades from any auto parts store? I'd like a little beefier one here in New England, the MB one could be a bit better.

Second question regarding wipers, in hard driving rain, the single blade doenst do a great job, anyone with a trick to speed it up?

Bob

Reply to
Yahoo

You can try replacing it with Bosch Excel of the same size.

Nothing to speed up the wiper but you can put RainX on the windshield... a whole world of difference.

Reply to
Tiger

You couldn't pay me enough to put RainX on my windshield or anyone else's. Did it exactly once and it streaked, filmed over with ever swipe of the blades and I liked to never got it off.

Mike

Reply to
mharness

RainX is like heroin. It's fine unless you stop using it then it's really painful.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Reply to
thomcasey

Just wax your windows whe you wax your car. Works better than RainX and you will not have streaking problems. Just doesn't last as long.

Reply to
thomcasey

The only reason it streaks is because the windshield was not completely free of oil and grime. Wash it down with wet Bon Ami... will clean everything off the windshield.

Reply to
Tiger

That does not strike me as sound advice (unless you're being ironic).

Wax on the glass will steak. Some car washes give you a special cloth to remove wax from the windscreen if you have used the wax option.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Tiger's right. Bon Ami takes just about everything off glass without scratching. Try it, you'll like it!

Reply to
Ernie Sparks

Not at all. It works great. I found Turtle Wax wrks the best. Lasts for about a Month.

Reply to
thomcasey

Yuck, Wax on windows is a mistake and a blight.

Reply to
Martin Joseph