Wiper blade refill size for 99 ML320 (21" or 22")

I chose the wrong length refill while I was at the store today. My guess was based on a car model chart they had hanging in Kmart. Oh well....
Does anyone know the corretc length of windshield wiper blade refills I need
for a ML320 (1999)? It has metal wipers. It also looks like it is the smaller 3/16 width instead of the 5/16 width.
Measuring with a ruler gets me exactly 21.5 inches (of which they do not sell half sizes - only 21 or 22).
Thanks, Walter
1999 MERCEDES-BENZ ML320 V6-3.2L 112.942 GAS engine Wiper Blade: Bosch Part Number 40722A Micro Edge Front; Length""; Adapter U2 (Adapter pre-installed.)
Thanks. It must be 22 then and there'll be some excess on one end.
Walter

Not to rag on you for being cheap by not buying a NEW blade assembly from the dealer but...... EVERY MB windshield that has a wiper blade scratch in the glass has cheapo gimpo $1.98 refills on the blades. You pays your money and takes your choice..... but good wipers are a lot cheaper than a new windshield.