wiper motor

My wiper went on me. Thank god the motor stopped down the block. I checked fuse still good. I went ahead and purchased a new wiper motor. I have a 1989
560SEL. Where is the motor (maybe under the outside air vent?). And is this job easy so a half DIY'ER can do the job?
Bill
Just did my 84 500SEL with a used (and free) motor from a 89 420SEL. There is a nut holding the wiper arm on. Lift the plastic cover and remove the nut and then just twist, shack, what ever to remove the arm. Remove the rubber pieces from the air intake grill, and remove the grill. There are 3 bolts holding the wiper assembly in. Remove them and carefully remove the assembly. Try not to hit the lower edge of the windshield. You should be able to see what is required to change the motor on the assembly. I just changed the whole thing as an assembly. Put the new assembly in and hook up the power and test before putting the air intake grill on. Make sure it works and goes to the park possition before replacing the rest of the parts. This is very critical because if you put the wiper arms on and the motor is NOT in the park posittion you will have to start all over. I hope this helps. Just use this as a guide as to what has to happen and you will be fine. Paul.

You need a small pulley to pull off the wiper arm. Do NOT try to pry the arm off off your windshield... you will crack the windshield big time and deeper in the hole to replace it.