Wipers squeaking

I have an 08 ML350. After about 1 year, the wipers have started squeaking whenever I use them. It doesn't matter what setting, or how much rain. The dealer has adjusted the angle and replaced the blades,
and they still squeak. Any ideas what to try?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com ha scritto:

Mmm... try to perfectly de-grease the wind shield...
When I was a youth, a friend had a '47 Chevrolet, and he degreased the windshield by pouring Coca Cola over it while the wipers were running. Seemed to work.
ha scritto:

Mike Morgan ha scritto:

LOL!!!!
Considering how acidic cola is I see no reason why it shouldn't work.
DAS
"Cordy" < snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.it> wrote in message
news:49be8b36$0$703$ snipped-for-privacy@news.tiscali.it...
I always put a coupla drops of dishwashing liquid in the washer fluid, and put the coca cola in my Bacardi!
Dori A Schmetterling ha scritto:

Maybe for the sugar?

Sugar is water soluble. Coke works great on windshields, dissolves grease and tar well (tree sap, etc.), and washes off easily. I never use it, but I clear my windshield weekly and replace wipers every 6 months. Rain-X also helps reduce the friction on the wiper blades, I know everyone has their opinion of Rain-X, but I've used it for over 10 years with no problems.
If the dealer's wipers squeak, then try the cheap Pylon brand wipers at Wal-mart (~$3.50 per wiper). They don't look as "cool" as the factory wipers, but they clean the windshield and I've never had them squeak. Plus, replacing them every 6 months is less than $15 per year.
Sugar does not contribute to acidity; phosphoric acid does.
Good for dissolving grease, as DougS said.
DAS
"Cordy" < snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.it> wrote in message
news:49bf6179$0$6820$ snipped-for-privacy@news.tiscali.it...
Dori A Schmetterling ha scritto:

I was simply trying to suggest that after using cola, the wind shield will be sticky. If you want to dissolve grease, you'd better use a good degreaser or a mixture of water and... opppsss... ammonia? Sorry, I'm Italian and unsure about the right translation of what I mean. It's a strong base, used in all the crystal cleaning products... mmm: I ought to buy a dictionary... :-)
No, what you say is clear. After using a cola one ought to rinse the glass, of course.
Ciao... DAS
"Cordy" < snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.it> wrote in message
news:49c102ad$0$6826$ snipped-for-privacy@news.tiscali.it...
On Mar 16, 9:57am, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Try emitting less CO2. How's work?
|I have an 08 ML350. After about 1 year, the wipers have started | squeaking whenever I use them. It doesn't matter what setting, or how | much rain. The dealer has adjusted the angle and replaced the blades, | and they still squeak. Any ideas what to try?
Since you say the dealer replaced the blades, I would look for some sort deposit on the windshield that is causing the rubber insert to not slide across the windshield. I know that GM, Ford and Chrysler offer a windshield washer additive that has cleaners which loosen and dissolve foreign material on the windshield. Surely Mercedes has a similar product, although you'll probably pay a premium price through the dealership.
AMSOIL has a product http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo 90163&page=storefront/ars which will help maximize visibility by using the wind force to repel rain, snow and sleet while driving.
If you received a completed receipt from the Mercedes dealer and want to verify that the wiper blades were replaced, you should see two different part numbers listed on the customer's copy of the receipt. If they were replaced under warranty, you should see a "N/C" or similar notation in the pricing column of the invoice (usually to the right side of the invoice).
Should you begin to doubt that the dealer actually replaced the blades, AMSOIL sells Trico Exact Fit Wiper Blades for your 2008 ML350.
Driver Side P/N T2813 ($38.75 Retail) Passenger Side P/N T2113 ($25.10 Retail)
If you'd like to become a Preferred Customer and use AMSOIL lubrication in your engine, AMSOIL has a European Car Formula: http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo 90163&page=storefront/afl recommend for the extended drain intervals established by the vehicle manufacturer or extended based on oil analysis.
Becoming a Preferred Customer will allow you to take a discount of 25 - 30 percent off of the suggested retail prices. Preferred Customer Program: https://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo 90163&pagecountmaintenance
--
Steve Spence
Independent AMSOIL Dealer