Wiring Schematic for 1981 300D Window Switch

I can't believe it-both window switches failed in my 1981 300D-and after taking them out for replacement, the wiring is in shambles. What's the best source for wiring schematic diagrams so I can complete this project?
Alternatively, is there anyone out there who can explain the correct color-code connections to me online?
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 00:13:13 +0000, Lane Therrell wrote:

Well - I have an 81 280E with power windows but one rear window switch,and no others. All wiring and plugs seem to be in tact except for the missing motor and lift on the rear passenger side (and the switches). I'm looking to get at least my front windows working, with a multimeter havn't been able to find a voltage.
I thought I would be able to plug the rear window switch into the front socket and it would work, but no luck. The front switches seem to have 3 active pins per window. The rear have five, to accomidate the window lock, I'm guessing?
I'd be interested in getting the schematic too if it were available, but can also document my wiring for you if you're interested.
Jake