Wood them bad thermometer make inside truble?

The outside thermometer outside the kar on them ole bumper duz not give the rite temperature all the time. Laik today, it said 61 when it wuz more laik 81 outside. Could that possible cause my AC to stop pumping air into the car after about 90 min continuous run on the highway? The AC was running fine today, of course.

mcbrue misinformedly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

No connection between the outside temp sensor/LCD display and the climate control. The climate control samples the air temp in the cabin through a grill or apeture that is also fed by a motor. I've heard that the real purpose of the outside temp sensor on the bumper is to warn drivers of a freeze, so that they can anticipate icy roads.

Reply to
MTI

That icy road thing is a real problem here in SC. I have actualy seen it freeze here at least once every two or three years.

mcbrue warmly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

Yes, my understanding also.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Ah kin tell thet all a yall iz them dad ratted yakees which has neva set bare foot ta raight hot paved road. Now bak a few years ago when them ole roads hadnt all bin paved and them was naice kool dirt we didnt have no need ta know how hot them ole pavement iz! But now - raight naice of ole Jerking Shrimp ta give us them road thermometers!

mcbrue withgrassbetweenbaretoes under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE